Jan Griffith will speak on Sunday, July 8th during the worship service. We will have the opportunity to learn more about her current ministry in Sweden. Jan has been a missionary in Sweden for many years. Some of the people Jan’s church and Christian school reach are refugees. Jan grew up in Edmonds Presbyterian Church. Her parents, Bob and Marian, served in the church in many ways.
Our Holy Week services begin with:
Palm Sunday on March 25th, where we will shout "Hosanna," wave palm branches, as we remember Jesus' welcome as he entered the city of Jerusalem.
Maundy Thursday March 29that 7 PM will find us gathered here at EPC in the fellowship hall, remembering the Last supper of Jesus as we celebrate communion around a common table.
Good Friday March 30th we will remember Jesus' crucifixion with a short worship service at noon in the sanctuary.
Easter Sunday April 1 at 10 AM we will rejoice together in the good news of Jesus' resurrection from the dead.
You are invited to begin your Lenten journey, preparing for Easter, by attending a service of worship and imposition of ashes. We will not have a service at Edmonds this year, but our neighbors are having services and you are welcome to join them for their service on Wednesday, February 14th.
· Maplewood Presbyterian Church in Edmonds - 10AM or 7PM
· Calvin Presbyterian Church in Shoreline - 7PM
These will be short services with prayers, readings, and the imposition of ashes.
North Creek Presbyterian Church in Mill Creek - The sanctuary will be open from 6-8PM for you to have your own contemplative prayer experience through various prayer "stations" around the sanctuary. Imposition of ashes is available.
· Advent Jazz with special soloist Nichol Eskridge – Sunday, December 10th at 10AM. We will be treated to amazing jazz and gospel music for the Advent season.
· Women’s Association Bake Sale – Sunday, December 10th following worship. Come and buy some treats for the holidays and support the women’s mission causes.
· Women’s Association Meeting, Luncheon & Communion—Wednesday, December 13th beginning at 11:30AM. Come join us as we welcome Advent with carols and the Lord’s Supper. This is a “salad luncheon.” You are invited to bring a salad to share.
· Advent Potluck Fellowship - Sunday, December 17th following worship. Bring a dish to share and enjoy a time of fellowship together.
· Christmas Eve Sunday worship – ONE SERVICE – at 10AM. We will celebrate the birth of Jesus in the morning with a service of lessons, carols and special choral music. The service will conclude with candle lighting.
Our History Day celebration on Sunday, November 12th was fantastic! We had over 90 people attend and rejoice in the faith-filled history of this congregation. If you would like to listen to the presentations, we have an audio file available online. We also have a link for the slide show that was shared. Please contact Pastor Amy or the Church Office and we will send you the links. Former Pastor, Bruce M., brought the quilt the Women’s Association made for him many years ago – what lovely work!
Because Christmas Eve is a Sunday this year, the session has chosen to have only one service that day. Here’s the plan for the special worship services and events at Edmonds Presbyterian in December:
· Saturday, December 2nd – the annual Hanging of the Greens. Come at 10AM to decorate the church for the Advent and Christmas season.
· Sunday, December 3rd – This is the first Sunday in Advent. Our celebration begins with a festive worship service including communion.
· Sunday, December 10th, 10AM - Advent Jazz with Gina and special guest musicians followed by the Women’s Association annual bake sale to raise money for their mission causes. All are welcome to bring items to sell and to purchase items at the sale.
· Sunday, December 17th – Advent Potluck following worship.
· Sunday, December 24th, 10AM—Christmas Eve worship - A musical presentation of the message of Christmas by our Choir in the style of a “Lessons and Carols” service, including candle lighting. Note: There will not be an evening candlelight service this year at our church.
We have an amazing day planned:
· Worship at 10 -- including a "reunion choir"
· Potluck lunch
· Short presentations
· and dessert
Come join us as we gather to reflect on the early years through the present. This will be a good time to look back and celebrate the founding of our church, its history, and its ministry to the community. This time of celebration will be a time for nostalgia and fun, but also a time for serious reflection and spiritual discernment as we look to the future with our Vision – Worshiping God together in 2025.
A monthly newsletter of upcoming events, celebrations, and news of the church community.